The Prize was established in 1988 in response to an initiative of His Highness the Amir of the State of Kuwait to honor distinguished Kuwaitis holding a doctorate degree in various fields of knowledge. The Prize is intended to encourage the elite of the Kuwaiti scientific community to further pursue research for the benefit of the society. The Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences offers the Scientific Production Prize in each of the following six areas in accordance with the requirements approved by its Board of Directors:
Fields of Nomination:
|Physics - Chemistry - Geology - Mathematics - Statistics - Computer
Sciences and other majors.
||Agricultural Engineering - Chemical Engineering - Civil Engineering - Electrical
Engineering - Industrial Engineering - Mechanical Engineering - Petroleum
Engineering and other majors.
||Botany - Embryology - Zoology - Entomology - Biochemistry - Agronomy
and Animal Science (including Veterinary Science - Diary production - Poultry
production - Livestock and Pisciculture - Agricultural Chemistry - Plant
pathology - Horticulture) and other majors.
and Allied Health Sciences:
|Anatomy - Pharmacology - Physiology - Microbiology - Pathology - Internal
Medicine - Genecology and Obstetrics - Pediatrics - Psychiatry - Radiotherapy
- Surgery - Dentistry - Ophthalmology - Microbiology and other majors.
|Social Sciences and Humanities:
||Anthropology - Psychology - Sociology - Political Sciences - History -
Geography - Pedagogy - Arabic Language - Foreign Languages - Philosophy
- Law - Islamic Law and other majors.
|Administration and Economics:
||Business Administration - Marketing - Industrial Management - Finance and
Investment - Accounting - Economics - Insurance - Public Administration and
For each Prize of the above-mentioned fields, the foundation awards an annual Prize of a cash sum of 10.000 KD (Ten Thousand Kuwaiti Dinars), a Gold medal, KFAS shield and a certificate of recognition.
Conditions and requirements:
- Kuwaiti National.
- Holding a Ph.D degree, and having at least 8 published researches in refereed Journals after earning the Ph.D degree.
- Do not exceed 45 years of age upon submission.
- Submitted production should include the following: papers published or accepted for publication in refereed journals, papers published in proceeding of scientific conferences,
research presented in the scientific conferences (presentation or posters), books (authored, translated, edited, and chapter in a book), Articles, Studies, Scientific reports and Patents. Master and Ph.D Thesis shall not be evaluated as part of applicant’s scientific work.
- KFAS decisions concerning the Prizes are final and objections are not accepted.
- Applicants must fill in the prize application form and send along with submitted work electronically. The application form is obtained from KFAS website www.kfas.org The
application form along with comprehensive scientific achievements should be sent in PDF format, either via USB memory stick addressed to: Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences- Al shark, Ahmed Al-Jaber St.- Tel: 22270465, OR through the cloud storage services sites such as (Google Drive- Dropbox- OneDrive) via Prizes email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Required documents must be sent no later than end of June, 2017
For more information and inquiries please, contact the Prizes Office on the following:
Tel: 22270465 / Fax: 22270462 or E-Mail: email@example.com
Scientific Production Prize nomination form 2017 - ar