In fulfillment of the objectives of the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS) in supporting scientific research and encouraging Arab scholars and researchers, KFAS has dedicated Prizes in the fields of Sciences, Arts and Literature, Economic and Social Sciences andArabic and Islamic Scientific Heritage as per its annual programs. The prizes are designed to recognize intellectual achievements that contribute to scientific advancement and raise the standard of academic dialogue in various fields.
The topics for the Kuwait Prize2017 in the Five fields are as follows:
Applied Medical Sciences) The development of new drugs- Development of effective Vaccines-Translation of genomic research findings to clinical practice-Development of instruments - Development of new imaging procedures- Applications of stem cell research).
Economics and Social Sciences
Arts and Literature
Comparative Literature and Literary Translations
Arabic and Islamic Scientific Heritage
For each of the above-mentioned fields, the foundation awards an annual Prize of a cash sum of K.D. 40,000 (Forty Thousand Kuwaiti Dinars), a Gold medal, KFAS shield and a certificate of recognition to one or more of the citizens of Kuwait and the other Arab countries. The topics of the fields are subject to change annually.
Conditions and requirements:
- For items 1-4, the applicant must be from an Arab nationality and have a proof of Arabic origin; either an Arabic birth certificate or a valid Arabic passport. A copy of an Arabic birth certificate or an Arabic Passport should be attached along with the submitted application. Item # 5 (Arabic and Islamic Scientific Heritage) is open to all nationalities.
- The work submitted should be innovative, significant in the announced field, and published during the past twenty years. Submitted work may include papers published or accepted for publication in refereed Journals, and books with ISSN number (authored, translated, edited, and chapter in a book). MA or PhD theses and any publications extracted from them shall not be evaluated as part of the Applicant's scientific work.
- KFAS will consider nominations from universities, academic and research institutions, scientific centres, past recipients of the prizes and peers of the nominees.
- KFAS will accept self-nominations. To support self-nominations, applicants should provide a list of five references: four academics/researchers and one scientific organization. KFAS will seek out support letters from three of these references.
- KFAS decisions concerning the prizes are final and objections are not accepted.
- Applicants must fill in the prize application form and send it along with the submitted work electronically. The application form is obtained from KFAS website www.kfas.org The Application should be submitted in English for Basic Sciences and Applied Sciences Fields.
- The Application form along with the comprehensive scientific achievements completed in the past twenty years should be sent in PDF format, either via USB memory stick addressed to: Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences-AL shark, Ahmed Al-Jaber St., or through the cloud storage services sites such as (Google Drive–Dropbox–OneDrive) via Prizes email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Required documents must be sent no later than end of Feb.,2017
For more information and inquiries please, contact the Prizes Office on the following:
Tel: 96522270465 - Fax: 22270462 or E-Mail:email@example.com
Kuwait Prize nomination form 2017 - ar
Kuwait Prize nomination form 2017 - en