Program Officer 1 – Knowledge Management
Assist in identifying, organizing, and disseminating knowledge to drive knowledge transfer across the organization through maximizing the utilization of existing systems and available resources
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Assist in Identifying Knowledge Management activities currently being undertaken by KFAS
- Assist the Program Manager / Assistant Program Manager – Knowledge Management in developing an annual survey in order to create a
baseline for many of the outputs and outcomes so that improvements can be continuously made
- Assist in managing the KFAS Public Reports Library and ensure that information is structured properly and is constantly updated and in
sending out monthly digest for the library
- Responsible for the KFAS calendar to be updated regularly and comprehensively
- Monitor formal and informal social networks that transfer knowledge (that is, who the subject matter experts are, who goes to them, and what
connects seekers with subject matter experts).
- Working in collaboration with the IT team to implement the internal KM systems and tools.
- Work with different departments in collecting information relevant to the Knowledge Hub, and develop content from the information for
- Assist in events organization for Speaker Series / CoPs.
- Work with supplier on updating all relevant KFAS databases and monitor performance
- Liaise with the Strategic Planning and Evaluation to review and update the Program KPIs and understand how to track the performance
- Monitor the performance of each of the activities through the continuous tracking of the Program KPIs and compiling performance reports for
the Program Manager – Knowledge Management
- Assist consultants engaged with KFAS for the purposes of KM.
Key Interactions and Relationships
- Strategic Planning & Evaluation
- Shareholding companies
- Scientific Community
- Public Speakers
- Communities of Practice
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in a Science related field, or the development of media with a focus on science.
- Minimum of 6 years experience within the development or research of science field.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Program Management
- Excel and Database experience
- Program Design
- Accessing, Developing & Sharing Knowledge
- Planning and Organizing
- Program Review, Monitoring & Evaluation
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Communication Skills
- Continuous Improvement and Self Development
- Execution Excellence
- Initiative and Enthusiasm
- Innovative and Ideas Driven
- Time Management & Work Attendance
- Stakeholder Orientation